is how do you remunerate the provider? What is your firm’s mechanism to pay those in your social graph when they provide referrals from their networks? I’d love to see Seth Godin @ThisIsSethsBlog and David Seigel @pullnews have a blog exchange where they discuss this. #The_Salesforce_is_ Dead, #Long_Live_Sales
Predictive Analytics World and Text Analytics World NYC are just 3 weeks away.
Plus, we’ve announced new cities for 2012 and are accepting submissions to speak in San Francisco, Toronto and Chicago – the first deadline is just a couple weeks away.
See below for details and let me know if you have any questions!
– Predictive Analytics World NYC – Oct 16-21 – Three tracks, over 40 sessions, keynotes from Davenport and from IBM Research on their Jeopardy-Winning Watson – plus much more. See www.pawcon.com/nyc
– Text Analytics World NYC – Oct 16-21 – Over 25 sessions with case studies from Accident Fund, Amdocs, Bundle.com, Citibank, Google, Intuit, MetLife, PayPal, and much more. See www.tawgo.com/nyc
– PAW London. Nov 30 – Dec 1. Early Bird Pricing ends Oct 14 – register now to save £200 over the full price. Case studies from BBC, GSK, HP, ING, Lloyds TSB, Paychex, US Bank, Yahoo!, and more. See www.pawcon.com/london
– PAW San Francisco – Mar 4-10, 2012 (Speaker sessions are Mar 5-7) – Speaker proposal deadline: Oct 13. See www.pawcon.com/submit.php
– TAW San Francisco – Mar 5-7, 2012 – Speaker proposal deadline: Oct 13. See www.tawgo.com/call-for-speakers
– PAW Toronto – Apr 25-26, 2012 – Speaker proposal deadline: Oct 13. See www.pawcon.com/submit.php
– PAW Chicago – Jun 25-27, 2012 – Speaker proposal deadline: Jan 6. See www.pawcon.com/submit.php
* For informative event updates: www.pawcon.com/signup-us.php *
The Journal of Research Methods and Analytics is a new and peer reviewed quarterly publication that focuses on innovation and successful practical applications so that case studies and tech reports are especially welcome. For more info of the journal, please go to http://www.rmba.org/journal
The journal is published by the Global Educational Consortium on Research Methods and Business Analytics that reports and case studies on international cooperation are also welcome.
Please email papers, tech reports and case studies to email@example.com . For style and format, please follow http://www.rmba.org/JRMA-style.pdf . Nomination of experienced editors is also welcome at firstname.lastname@example.org
Alex Liu, Ph.D.
Principal Consultant of Analytics
The following courses at Bioinformatics.Org are coming up and available for registration. Please see the corresponding URLs for more information.
CS101A Perl for Biologists, Level 1; Jan. 24-28, 2011
Taught in the context of biological research, this course helps biologists learn how to use the scripting language Perl to automate certain tasks. Armed with some knowledge and hands-on experience with a programming or scripting language, scientists taking a CS101 course at the Bioinformatics Organization will be able to perform basic software development tasks and phrase research questions in the context of the language.
CS101B R for Biologists, Level 1; Jan. 31-Feb. 4, 2011
Taught in the context of biological research, this course helps biologists learn how to use the statistical scripting language R for data analysis. Armed with some knowledge and hands-on experience with a programming or scripting language, scientists taking a CS101 course at Bioinformatics.Org will be able to perform basic software development tasks and phrase research questions in the context of the language.
CS101E Python for Biologists, Level 1; Feb. 7-11, 2011
This course teaches Biologists how to use Python as a programming language to automate routine data management tasks in biological research and solve difficult data-related computational problems. Data could be DNA or amino acid sequence, microarray data, images, mass spectrometry data, LIMS data, or any other kind of biological information.
List of all upcoming online courses:
Online courses at Bioinformatics.Org offer several advantages to scientists over books and self-paced learning:
* In-depth courses with innovative, easy-to-understand materials (slides, scripts and datasets)
* Live sessions with the instructor, online via streaming multimedia
* Shorter, distributed sessions and plenty of time for assignments
* Opportunities to ask questions and seek clarification
* Recorded videos of lectures and materials, which are available indefinitely for attendees
* Discussion forums for students and instructors to share expertise and information
Discounts are available for those in non-profit organizations and those paying for themselves. Please check the description pages for details.
Thank you, and please forward this information to others who may find this useful.
Daniel Jaye interviewed.